RBI increases repo rate under LAF by 35 basis points to 6.25%
- Blog|FEMA & Banking|News|
- 58 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 8 December, 2022
Press Release: 2022-2023/1320, Dated 07.12.2022
On the basis of an assessment of the macroeconomic situation, the Monetary Policy Committee, at its meeting today (07.12.2022) has decided to increases repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 35 basis points to 6.25 %. Consequently, the standing deposit facility (SDF) rate stands adjusted to 6.00 % and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.50 %.
Further, The MPC also decided to remain focused on withdrawal of accommodation to ensure that inflation remains within the target going forward, while supporting growth. Adequate consideration has been given to Global and Domestic Economy, Inflation, etc.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied