Tax Dept. detects undisclosed income of more than Rs. 200 crore in search conducted on coal trader
- Blog|Income Tax|News|
- 135 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 6 July, 2022
Press Release, dated 04-07-2022
The Income-tax Dept. has carried out search and seizure operations on a group engaged in the business of coal transportation and other allied activities. The premises of a senior government officer was also covered in the search action.
Numerous incriminating documents, loose sheets, and digital evidence have been found and seized. The modus-operandi followed by the group includes unfair regular collection on coal transportation throughout the State of Chhattisgarhleading to the generation of huge unaccounted income.
Evidence of such collection of more than Rs. 200 crore during a short time period has been found. The same has been corroborated by the key trusted associates of the group. Evidence has also been found which reveals that cash expenditure has been incurred by the group during the recently held elections.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied