SEBI permits stock exchanges to introduce derivative contracts on corporate bond indices
- Blog|Company Law|News|
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 12 January, 2023
Circular No. SEBI/HO/MRD/MRD-PoD-3/P/CIR/2023/11, Dated 10.01.2023
In order to enhance liquidity in the bond market and also to provide an opportunity to investors to hedge their positions, on the recommendations of the Secondary Market Advisory Committee, the SEBI has decided to permit Stock Exchanges to introduce derivative contracts on indices of corporate debt securities rated AA+ and above. The Stock Exchanges are permitted to launch futures contracts on corporate bond indices.
The stock exchanges desirous of introducing such contracts shall submit a detailed proposal to SEBI for approval, inter alia, providing details relating to the underlying corporate bond index, the index methodology, contract specifications, etc.
Click Here To Read The Full Circular
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied