SEBI introduces regulatory framework to facilitate online bond platform providers
- Blog|Company Law|News|
- 103 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 3 October, 2022
Press Release no. 29/2022, dated: 30.09.2022
The SEBI has decided to introduce a regulatory framework to facilitate providers of the online bond platform. Under this framework, online bond platform providers should register as stock brokers under the debt segment with the SEBI. Also, the SEBI cleared a proposal to reduce the face value of listed privately placed debt securities. Further, the SEBI issue a procedural circular detailing the specifics and mechanics of the operations of the online bond platform providers.
In addition to this, the Board has approved of the proposals relating to the reduction in the minimum holding requirement of units from 25% to 15% by sponsor(s) and sponsor group(s) of the total outstanding units of the Real Estate Investment Trusts on a post initial offer basis.
Also, the Board cleared the proposals relating to discontinuation of a separate regulatory framework for unlisted Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs).
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied