MCA extends the facility of holding EGMs through video conference
- Blog|Company Law|News|
- 108 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 3 January, 2023
General Circular No. 11/2022, Dated 28-12-2022
Earlier, the MCA vide. Circular vide No. 14/2020 on 08.04.2020 allowed the companies to conduct their EGM through Video Conference (VC) or other audio-visual means. Thereafter, the MCA extended this facility. As per the Circular dated 05th April, 2022, this facility was extended up to 31-12-2022. Now, the MCA has further decided to extend the facility of holding EGM via VC and OAVM till 30th Sep, 2023.
Further, General Circular No 14/2020 allows all companies to take all urgent business decisions other than ordinary business via postal ballot or e-voting under the Companies Act 2013. This shall also be applicable till the above-mentioned date. All other procedures provided in circular to be complied.
Click Here To Read The Full Circular
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied