IFSCA releases framework for designing and pricing of insurance products
- Blog|FEMA & Banking|News|
- 91 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 18 January, 2023
Notification No. IFSCA/2022-23/GN/REG029., Dated 12.01.2023
The IFSCA has notified the IFSCA (Insurance Products and Pricing) Regulations, 2022. The objective behind the introduction is to provide a framework for designing and pricing of insurance products by the IFSC Insurance Offices (IIOs). Now, IIOs shall have a board-approved policy known as the ‘Product Oversight and Governance Policy’ prepared in accordance with the applicable regulatory framework. Also, IIO shall not market any insurance product without allotting a Unique Identification Number.
Further, with regard to the product withdrawal, IIO would be required to inform the Authority regarding its decision to withdraw an insurance product at least 3 months prior to the scheduled date of withdrawal. Also, provisions relating to the cancellation or surrender of policies, Issuance of e-Insurance Policies, etc. have been prescribed.
Click Here To Read The Full Notification
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied