ICAI Issues Technical Guide on Audit of Non-Banking Financial Companies | Revised 2023 Edition
- Account & Audit|Blog|News|
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 9 September, 2023
Non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) are playing an important role in the Indian financial sector. Due to their importance in the Indian financial sector, NBFCs are recognized as being complementary to the banking sector. However, there are several instances of misuse of public funds, irregularities in functioning, bankruptcies etc. in NBFCs. Therefore, the role of statutory audit of NBFCs is very important to bring discipline in functioning of NBFCs. To enable the auditor to express an opinion on the financial statements of the NBFC and conduct of audit in accordance with Standards on auditing, ICAI has issued this Technical Guide.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied