IBBI invites suggestions from public for resolution of real estate projects
- Blog|Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code|News|
- 57 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 16 June, 2022
Press Release Dated 14.06.2022
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code) was amended in 2018 to clarify the status of allottees of a real state project as Financial Creditors. However, large number of real estate projects are under consideration under IBC. It was represented to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) that real estate projects require different dispensation than normal projects. In this regard, the IBBI has invited suggestions from public, including the stakeholders, for need for a separate regulatory framework for Homebuyers in the CIRP of real estate projects or some modifications in the existing regulations, within the existing framework of the Code. IBBI also invited specific suggestions for bringing improvements, if any, in the process of resolution of real estate projects vis-à-vis homebuyers for better and effective resolution of such real estate project.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied