Exposure Draft on Standard on Sustainability Assurance Engagements issued by ICAI
- Account & Audit|Blog|News|
- 91 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 14 September, 2022
Sustainability Reporting Standards Board (SRSB) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has issued the Standard on Sustainability Assurance Engagements (SSAE) 3000 “Assurance Engagements on Sustainability Information” that deals with assurance engagements on an entity’s sustainability information. It is an umbrella standard that is applicable to all assurance engagements on sustainability information. The exposure draft on this standard has provided the manner of conducting an assurance engagement in accordance with SSAEs along with planning, performing, execution, completion, and reporting of the engagement.
The effective date of application of SSAE 3000 shall be as follows:
1. Voluntary basis for assurance reports covering periods ending on March 31, 2023
2. Mandatory basis for assurance reports covering periods ending on or after March 31, 2024
The comments on this exposure draft are invited by ICAI latest by October 3, 2022.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied