Associated Enterprise under Section 92A: Two Decades of Uncertainty
- Blog|News|Transfer Pricing|
- 166 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 14 April, 2022
Kanika Jain –  137 taxmann.com 170 (Article)
In India, Section 92 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 deals with transfer pricing. It ensures that the transaction between related parties is at a price that would be comparable if the transaction was occurring between unrelated parties. It lays down that all international transactions between associated enterprises must be conducted on Arm’s Length Price (hereinafter, “ALP”).
Therefore, it is evident that the existence of an AE relationship is a prerequisite for application of transfer pricing provisions under the Act. In this article, the authors analyse the concept of AEs and various conditions under which two enterprises may be deemed to be AEs.
The article also discusses the relation between clause (1) and (2) of Section 92A, which defines an AE.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied