What is HSN Code Under GST
- Blog|GST & Customs|
- 2 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 1 March, 2022
GST Made Easy provides an Updated, Comprehensive & Simplified Analysis of each provision of the GST Law. The objective behind this book is that the understanding of GST should be as easy as ABC. This book provides answers to all your practical queries on GST.
HSN Codes for GST in India:
HSN will be applicable in India after implementation of GST. India has already been using HSN system in the Central Excise and Customs regime. It is a much more detailed classification that added another two digits to the 6-digit structure. There is a requirement to mention HSN code of items in tax invoice under GST. Provisions related to HSN under GST are given below:-
• Now the Govt. has given some relief to small taxpayer with annual turnover up to Rs 1.50 crores in the preceding financial year need not be required to mention HSN code in their tax invoice.
• Taxpayers having turnover exceeds Rs. 1.5 crore but up to 5.00 crore will be required to mention only two digits of HSN code.
• Taxpayers having turnover exceeds Rs 5.00 crore will be required to mention four digits of HSN code.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied