Link your Aadhar with PAN
- Blog|Income Tax|
- 541 Views
- 2 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 8 April, 2021
What are the different modes to link Aadhaar with PAN?
From July 1, 2017 it is mandatory to link Aadhaar number with PAN to file income tax return. Government has prescribed following modes to link Aadhaar number with PAN:
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the following format: UIDPAN<SPACE><12 Digit Aadhaar><SPACE><10 Digit PAN> For E.g. UIDPAN 123456789000 EPOPE1234E
– By visiting the website of the PAN Service providers (i.e., www.tin-nsdl.com or www.utiitsl.com). Click the button ‘Link Aadhaar to PAN’ which will redirect you to the income tax website. – By visiting directly to the e-filing website (i.e. www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in).
c) Paper Mode:
File one page Form along with minimal fee with the designated PAN centre. Copy of PAN card, Aadhaar card also need to be furnished.
How can I link my Aadhaar number with PAN if there is minor mismatch in my name appearing in Aadhaar and PAN?
In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar card name provided by taxpayer as compared to the actual data in Aadhaar card, you are required to click on the following address to link you Aadhaar with PAN: Income Tax India eFiling When you click on the aforesaid link you are required to mention PAN, Aadhaar Number and name as appearing in Aadhaar. Then One Time Password (Aadhaar OTP) will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar number. Enter the OTP and then your Aadhaar will be linked with your PAN. Taxpayers should ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar card are exactly the same.
What is the last date to link Aadhaar with PAN?
As per provisions of Section 139AA(2) every person who has been allotted PAN as on July 1, 2017, and who is eligible to obtain Aadhaar, shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the department on or before a date to be notified by the Govt. While the last date for intimation of Aadhaar has not been notified yet the taxpayers cannot file their income-tax return if they do not link Aadhaar with their PAN.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied