Advantages Of GST
- Blog|GST & Customs|
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 14 July, 2022
Eliminating tax on tax effect
Previously, several taxes were levied on the same product that increased the price of the product. With the passing of GST, it will eliminate the tax on tax effect by providing credit for the taxes paid.
Under the previous regime, classification of products into different categories caused a lot of confusion and was a litigious issue. GST aims to solve this issue by bringing in Harmonized System of Nomenclature or HSN, which is an eight-digit code to identify products according to international standards.
Instead of several different taxes being levied by state and central government, GST proposes to impose only one tax. GST will replace several hidden taxes that were imposed by state governments and it will improve ease of doing business.
Decrease in price of products
GST will be charged at the manufacturing cost and collected at the point of sale, which means that the price will come down that will benefit the consumers. Once the prices come down, the consumption of consumers will increase which will benefit the companies.
All the compliances like registration, returns, payments, etc. under the GST system will have to be done online, which will make compliance under the GST system hassle-free and transparent.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied