PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended to December 31 – The Economic Times
- Press Release|
- 1399 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 28 October, 2020
September 30, 2019 Chartered Accountant Naveen Wadhwa, DGM, Taxmann.com said: “The CBDT granted another 3 months extension to link the Aadhaar with PAN. As per the recent amendment by the Finance (No. 2) Act, 2019, if a taxpayer does not link his PAN with Aadhaar number by the due date then the PAN of the taxpayer shall be deemed to be inoperative. A taxpayer will not be able to quote his PAN if it becomes inoperative. The dept. has not yet prescribed the manner in which an inoperative PAN shall be made operative again. Thus, in order to avoid any inconvenience which may cause to the taxpayer, the board has extended the cut-off-date”. Read full article here: PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended, Taxmann
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied
Comments are closed.