Budget 2017:Globally India now ranks 6th in manufacturing says FM
- Press Release|
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 23 October, 2020
After a lot of confusion, the Union Budget 2017 is finally under its way and talking in Parliament Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that India has moved to 6th position worldwide when it comes to manufacturing from 9th position held last year.
Vimal Sumbly, Head of Triumph Motorcycles in India commented “Great to hear India ranking number 6 in the world as against 9th place last year.
Finance minister also said the demonetisation was a bold move by the govt and will help in creating more GDP which will be clean and corrupt free. Govt’s focus will continue on reducing inflation and remove corruption.
Farmers income will be doubled going forwards and the govt claims over 50,000 gram panchayats will be poverty free by next year.
“1 crore household and 50k panchayat out of poverty line. Great effort toward improving bottom of economic pyramid. Good direction towards improving rural economy” added Vimal Sumbly
Subrata Ray from ICRA in a message to ETAuto said: “Sizeable increase in rural support positive for tractors, motorcycles and FMCG”
Under mMNREGA Arun Jaitley said there will be over 10 lakh farm ponds ready by March 2017 and next 10 lakh ponds project will be taken from the next financial year.
Overall there have been over 24% jump in rural allocation which will be a strong push for rural economy.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied