PAN-Aadhaar linking: What will happen if PAN is not linked with Aadhaar by December 31?
- Press Release|
- 782 Views
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 28 October, 2020
December 30, 2019
Naveen Wadhwa, Deputy General Manager at Taxmann.com, said:
“Though the rules related to PAN-Aadhaar linking came into effect from September 1, 2019, the government is yet to clarify the meaning of word inoperative and whether it will allow the individual to re-activate his/her PAN if not linked with Aadhaar by December 31 deadline. However, individuals must remember that if PAN is not linked then from January 1, 2020, they will not be able to do transactions where the quoting of PAN is mandatory.”
Individuals must remember that if PAN is not linked with Aadhaar, then it will be deemed as he/she is not holding PAN.
Read full article here: What will happen if PAN is not linked with Aadhaar by December 31?
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied
Comments are closed.