PPF scheme 2019: Loan against PPF account at 1% and other changes you need to know
- Press Release|
- < 1 minute
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 28 October, 2020
December 31, 2019
Naveen Wadhwa, Deputy General Manager at Taxmann.com, said:
“As per the new scheme, the interest rate on the loan taken from PPF account will now be charged at one per cent instead of two per cent earlier. The interest rate will be charged for the period commencing from the first day of the month in which loan is drawn up to the last day of the month in which last instalment of loan is repaid.” He explains this with an example. If an individual is eligible for a Rs 50,000 loan from the PPF account subject to other conditions, then interest on the loan will be charged at the rate of 1 percent per annum. Remember only the interest rate payable on loan taken from PPF account has been revised. Other things have not changed.
Read full article here: Loan against PPF account at 1% and other changes you need to know
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied