Rule 162 GST: Procedure for compounding of offences under GST Act
- Blog|GST & Customs|
- 718 Views
- 3 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 28 June, 2021
Offences that can be compounded:
As per section 138(1) of GST Act 2017, any offence under the Act may be compounded by the commissioner on payment by an accused person to the Central Government or the State Government. The compounding of an offence can be done: • By the Commissioner • On Payment of Compounding Amount by the offender • Offence could have been committed either before or after the institution of prosecution • Compounding must be done as per prescribed manner under the GST Act
Restriction on compounding of offences:
Amounts to be paid for compounding:
Withdrawal of immunity:
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied
Comments are closed.