Cases When E-way Bill is Not Required
- Blog|GST & Customs|
- 916 Views
- 2 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 28 January, 2021
Few cases when e-way bill is not required:
There are certain cases when one does not require or is exempted from generating the E-way Bill. Below is the exhaustive list of such cases. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill when his mode of transport is a non-motor vehicle. – One do not require to Generate e-way bill in case Goods are transported through customs ports, or airports or air cargo complex or land customs station to Inland Container Depot or through Container Freight Station for clearance by Customs. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill in the goods are being transported under customs supervision or is under customs seal.
– On also do not require to Generate e-way bill in case the goods are transported under Customs Bond from ICD to Customs port or else from one custom station to another. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill for any transit cargo to or from Nepal or Bhutan. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill in case the movement of goods are due to defense formation under the ministry of defense, who is the consignor to consignee in this case. – One also does not have to Generate e-way bill in case of movement of empty containers. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill in case, the consignor is transporting the goods from place of business to the weighbridge to get the goods weighed. However, this distance should not be more than 20 kms and consignor should have the Delivery Challan with him. – One do not need to Generate e-way bill when goods are being transported through rail and the consignor is either Central Government, State Government, or a local authority. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill when goods being transported are exempted as per the State or Union Territory GST Rules. The complete list of exemptions is available on e-way Bill Portal. – One does not require to Generate e-way bill in case it falls into the list of no supply as per Schedule III of Central Tax Rate notifications.
Most people say that GST alone is enough to deal with corruption and provided much needed transparency in doing business in India and E-way Bill only tends to add complexity to this process. Most of the merchants are asking for simplicity in this process. However, if you fall in any of the above category then you don’t have to deal with it.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied
Comments are closed.