Director Identification Number e-KYC
- Blog|Company Law|
- 600 Views
- 3 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 25 June, 2021
What is DIN e-KYC?
KYC verification of DIN for the year 2018-19
For the year 2018-19, verification of DIN is required to be filed on or before 31st August, 2018. However, this date has been further extended up to 15th September.
What is the penalty if director fails to file his KYC to MCA?
If a Director, fails to file e-form DIR-3 KYC before the expiry of the due date, then MCA21 system will mark his/her DIN as ‘De-activated’ with reason as ‘Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’. However, the de-activated DIN shall be re-activated only after e-form DIR-3 KYC is filed along with payment of Rs. 5000.
How to get KYC verification of DIN done?
For the purpose of KYC verification of DIN, every director who is holder of DIN is required to file the Form DIR-3 KYC as notified by MCA. This form DIR-3 KYC can be downloaded from the website of the ministry of corporate affairs.
Form DIR-3 KYC: Contents and requirements:
The following are the mandatory contents of the DIR-3 KYC Form: 1. Director Identification Number 2. Director’s Name 3. Name of the Director’s father 4. Citizenship of DIN holder 5. Nationality of DIN holder 6. Residential status of DIN holder 7. Permanent residential address of DIN holder 8. Date of birth and gender of DIN holder 9. Passport of DIN holder 10. Personal mobile number of DIN holder and the OTP generated on submission thereon 11. Personal email address of DIN holder and the OTP generated on submission thereon 12. Copy of proof of permanent address (to be uploaded as attachment)
Other contents of the DIR-3 KYC Form that are not mandatory to but the DIN holder may provide:
1. Income tax PAN 2. Aadhaar number (including Copy of Aadhar Card) 3. Voters Identity number 4. Driving license number 5. Copy of Passport 6. Any other attachment at the choice of director After furnishing of the required information and attachment of the above documents, the DIR-3 KYC form is required to be verified digitally using the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of the applicant director. To complete the process of KYC, form is required to be electronically certified by a practising CA or CS or CMA. The certifier (CA/CS/CMA) certifies the form by using his/ her DSC.
Acknowledgement of KYC verification of DIN:
SRN is generated once the application in Form DIR-3 KYC is submitted successfully. MCA uses this SRN for further correspondence with the applicant. Further, when the verification is approved by the MCA, the applicant director receives an acknowledgement mail on his registered mail ID.
Author Bio: Radhika Daga is a CA Final student. Connect with her on Linkedin @www.linkedin.com/in/radhikadaga.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied
Comments are closed.