Step by Step Process to File An RTI Application
- Blog|Indian Acts|
- 918 Views
- 3 Min Read
- By Taxmann
- Last Updated on 11 January, 2021
Steps to file an RTI online application–
• First, you must know which department you want to file your Right to Information Act, 2005 application. You can do a quick research about the same. • Now visit their website http://rtionline.gov.in and click to register yourself. Once you are registered start your application process by clicking on “Submit Request” button on home page. • Before starting your application, you must go through and understand the guidelines related to Right to Information Act and acknowledge it by digitally signing the form. Once you are through with acknowledgement of the form, you can start filing your application on next page. • While filling the form, first of you must choose the department which must cater to your request, then you must fill in your personal details like email id and phone number. Then you must submit the subject line for your Right to Information Act application which must brief about the context for your RTI request you are raising. You can then elaborate your application within a limit of 3000 words. You must keep it clear and simple and mention what you are seeking from that department like dates and status. You should not use decorative words in your application which are difficult to understand.
Disclaimer: The content/information published on the website is only for general information of the user and shall not be construed as legal advice. While the Taxmann has exercised reasonable efforts to ensure the veracity of information/content published, Taxmann shall be under no liability in any manner whatsoever for incorrect information, if any.
Taxmann Publications has a dedicated in-house Research & Editorial Team. This team consists of a team of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, and Lawyers. This team works under the guidance and supervision of editor-in-chief Mr Rakesh Bhargava.
The Research and Editorial Team is responsible for developing reliable and accurate content for the readers. The team follows the six-sigma approach to achieve the benchmark of zero error in its publications and research platforms. The team ensures that the following publication guidelines are thoroughly followed while developing the content:
- The statutory material is obtained only from the authorized and reliable sources
- All the latest developments in the judicial and legislative fields are covered
- Prepare the analytical write-ups on current, controversial, and important issues to help the readers to understand the concept and its implications
- Every content published by Taxmann is complete, accurate and lucid
- All evidence-based statements are supported with proper reference to Section, Circular No., Notification No. or citations
- The golden rules of grammar, style and consistency are thoroughly followed
- Font and size that’s easy to read and remain consistent across all imprint and digital publications are applied