Details not found.
INCOME-TAX (TWELFTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2013 - SUBSTITUTION OF RULE 37BB AND FORM NOS. 15CA AND 15CB
NOTIFICATION NO. 58/2013 [F.NO.149/119/2012-SO(TPL)]/SO 2363(E),
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (6) of section 195 read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (12th Amendment) Rules, 2013.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st day of October, 2013.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962 (hereafter referred to as the said rules), for rule 37BB, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:—
"37BB. Furnishing of information by the person responsible for making payment to a non-resident, not being a company, or to a foreign company—(1) The person responsible for making any payment to a non-resident, not being a company, or to a foreign company shall furnish the following, namely:—
(2) The information in Form No. 15CA shall be furnished by the person electronically to the website designated by the Income-tax Department and thereafter signed printout of the said form shall be submitted to the authorised dealer, prior to remitting the payment.
(3) An income-tax authority may require the authorised dealer to furnish the signed printout referred to in sub-rule (2) for the purposes of any proceedings under the Act.
(4) The Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for ensuring secure capture, transmission of data and shall also be responsible for the day-to-day administration in relation to furnishing the information in the manner specified.
Explanation. - For the purposes of this rule,—
3. In the said rules, in Appendix II, for Form No.15CA and Form No. 15CB, the following Forms shall be substituted, namely:-
FORM NO. 15CA
(See rule 37BB)
Information to be furnished for payments to a non-resident not being a
company, or to a foreign company
Form No. 15CB
Certificate of an accountant
To be signed and verified by an accountant (other than an employee) as defined in the Explanation below sub-section (2) of section 288 of Income-tax Act, 1961.