Advertising - Planning & Decision Making is a complete and lucid text book for B.Com./BBA/MBA & other professional courses
The discussions in the book are spread across various areas of decision making giving a complete coverage to the course taught at graduate and post graduate level. Based on extant literature review, examples and cases the book gives deep insights into the core concepts of advertising and brings clarity in one’s understanding about this field. All the cases and examples are in Indian context, and are appropriately used as a support to the text.
There are in total fifteen chapters. Two chapters are on marketing communication covering the concept, the process involved, and integrated approach to marketing communication. Rest of the chapters cover various areas of advertising decision making. Issues of ethical and legal concern in using advertising as a promotion tool are discussed along with possible course of action in the case of deceptive and unfair use of advertising.
The key features of the book are:
· Use of opening story in each of the chapter to enable the student to relate better with the ensuing discussions in the chapter.
· All the Case Studies are in Indian context and span across use of advertising for the purpose of promoting goods, idea, people, places, and services.
· Plenty of advertisement pictures are incorporated which makes reading the text an experience.
· Each chapter suggests a project based activity for applying the concepts learned in the chapter.
· Annotated text to enable easy learning and recall.