This book is a comprehensive & authentic book on ‘Human Resource Management’. This book aims to fulfil the requirement of students of undergraduate courses in commerce and management, particularly the B.Com. (H) – CBCS Paper BCH 3.1: Semester - III Delhi University and other Central Universities throughout India.
The Present Publication is the Latest Edition, authored by V.S.P. Rao, with the following noteworthy features:
· Innovative Presentation – Each chapter in this book tries to strike a fine balance between percept and practice, that is liberally sprinkled with live cases, corporate insights and episodes.
· Contemporary and research-based text – The books aims to deliver a rich fund of contemporary knowledge, time-tested principles, basic concepts, emerging ideas, evolving theories, latest techniques and fast changing procedures & practices in a comprehensive manner.
· Simple, easy to understand format – The subject-matter is presented in simple, systematic method along with comprehensive explanation of the concept and theories underlying human resource management.
· Latest thinking in the field – Contemporary examples from renowned journals, newspapers and magazines have been extensively put to use in order to convey the excitement and dynamism of the discipline.
Information and date from global websites have been sourced in support of theoretical arguments proposed in the book.
· Study Aids – Various figures, exhibits, charts, tables and exercises have been used in order to explain the topic(s) in an uncomplicated manner.
· Chapter outline – Each chapter in this book begins with a clear statement of what lies ahead along with a clear road-map, which enables a student to undertake the intellectual journey in a fairly easy and comfortable manner.
· Chapter summary – A summary of each chapter is presented at the end so that the student is able to re-collect and remember key points discussed.
· Indian flavour – Though a large number of examples from global market places have been used, the book does not lose touch with Indian ways of doing things. There is scrupulous adherence to the requirement of students.
· Test questions – A carefully selected list of questions that compel a student to sit through the subject in a critical fashion have been appended to each chapter, keeping the examination needs of students in the backdrop.
These questions will help the student focus attention on key ideas that have been explained in each chapter and simulate clear thinking.
· [Student-Oriented Book] This book has been developed, keeping in mind the following factors:
o Interaction of the author/teacher with his/her students in the class-room
o Shaped by the author/teachers experience of teaching the subject-matter at different levels
o Reaction and responses of students have also been incorporated at different places in the book
· Contents of this book is as follows:
o Unit 1 – Human Resource Management
o Unit 2 – Acquisition of Human Resource
o Unit 3 – Training & Development
o Unit 4 – Performance Appraisal & Compensation Management
o Unit 5 – Maintenance of Employees & Emerging Horizons of HRM
§ Emerging Issues in HRM
§ Question Paper of B.Com. (Hons.) – June 2013
§ Question Paper of B.Com. (Hons.)(SOL) –2013
§ Question Paper of B.Com. (Hons.) – June 2014
§ Question Paper of B.Com. (Hons.) –2015