CATEGORISATION AND UPGRADATION OF SURVEYORS
CIRCULAR NO. IRDA/SUR/AREG/CIR/087/10/13,
This is further to the Circular Ref IRDA/SUR/AREG/CIR/086/05/13 dated 6th May 2013 on the above subject.
The extant Insurance Surveyors and Loss Assessors (Licensing Professional Requirements and Code of Conduct Regulations, 2000, including Amendments 2013), (hereinafter referred as the Regulations) specifies under the heading 'Categorisation of Surveyors' under Reg. 14 A (1) ii) c. the following:
'Provided further that all existing licensed Surveyors and Loss Assessors shall become members of the Institute within Six Months from the date of these regulations, and apply to IRDA for grant of modified license indicating the level of Membership to be allotted by the Institute'.
In terms of the powers vested under Regulation 14 A(2) of the Regulations, for the efficient conduct of the affairs of the Institute, the Authority hereby outlines the procedure to be followed for submission of Applications by Surveyors and Loss Assessors for Categorisation of Surveyors under the new Regulations.
1. All licensed 'Surveyors and Loss Assessors" as defined under Reg. 2 (i) (fc) of the Regulations, shall apply to IRDA for grant of modified license indicating their level of membership allotted by the Institute in the prescribed format attached herewith.
2. The application to IRDA for grant of modified license shall include all the documents mentioned in the application Form, including,
3. For the purpose of clarity, the relevant provisions of the Regulations are given below:
(fb) Member- means the member of the Institute and includes student members, Licentiate member, Associate Member and Fellow Member.
(fc) Surveyor and Loss Assessor -means a person who is a member of the Institute and licensed by the Authority to act as Surveyor and Loss Assessor.
S. No. 6. Categorisation of Surveyors (Reg. 14)
Institute to allot Membership
Regulation 14 a. Categorisation of Surveyors
Surveyor to carry out work as per the Membership of the Institute
Regulation 14 A. (1)
Under Categorisation of Surveyors Functions of the Institute:
Regulation 14 A (1)(ii):
Training/Examination Seminar and Workshop.
4. The application form with the necessary enclosures shall be forwarded to IRDA as HARD COPY at the following address and shall also apply online simultaneously on the surveyor's portal for processing by IRDA:
Insurance Regulatory and Development
Hyderabad 500 004
Email : email@example.com
5. All communications on this subject by the applicant and IIISLA should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Correspondence received on this subject at other mail ids will not be entertained
6. Based on the information given, the Authority has discretion to allow/not allow up-gradation of category and removal of restriction of department in compliance with IRDA Regulations and applicable guidelines.
7. The decision of the Authority to consider the application 'Categorisation of Surveyors' and grant modified licence or otherwise will be final and shall be communicated to the applicant under copy to IIISLA