INCOME-TAX (FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2013 - SUBSTITUTION OF RULE 37BB AND FORM NOS. 15CA AND 15CB
NOTIFICATION NO. 67/2013 [F. NO. 149/119/2012-SO (TPL)]/SO 2659(E),
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (6) of section 195 and section 192, section 194B, section 194BB, section 194E, section 194LB, section 194LC, section 194LD, section 196B, section 196C, section 196D read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) and in supersession of the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes vide number S.O.2363(E) dated the 5th August, 2013 published in the Gazette of India, dated the 5th August, 2013, the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (14th Amendment) Rules, 2013.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st day of October, 2013.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962 (hereafter referred to as the said rules), for rule 37BB, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:—
"37BB. Furnishing of information by the person responsible for making any payment including any interest or salary or any other sum chargeable to tax, to a non-resident, not being a company, or to a foreign company—(1) Any person responsible for paying to a non-resident, not being a company, or to a foreign company, any interest or salary or any other sum chargeable to tax under the provisions of the Act, shall furnish the following, namely:—
(2) The information in Form No. 15CA shall be furnished by the person electronically to the website designated by the Income-tax Department and thereafter signed printout of the said form shall be submitted to the authorised dealer, prior to remitting the payment.
(3) An income-tax authority may require the authorised dealer to furnish the signed printout referred to in sub-rule (2) for the purposes of any proceedings under the Act.
(4) The Director General of Income-tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for ensuring secure capture, transmission of data and shall also be responsible for the day-to-day administration in relation to furnishing the information in the manner specified.
Explanation 1.— For the purposes of this rule, "authorised dealer" means a person authorised as an authorised dealer under sub-section (1) of section 10 of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999).
Explanation 2.—For the removal of doubts, it is hereby clarified that for payments of the nature specified in column (3) of the specified list below, no information is required to be furnished under sub-rule (1).
3. In the said rules, in Appendix II, for Form No.15CA and Form No. 15CB, the following Forms shall be substituted, namely:—
FORM NO. 15CA
(See rule 37BB)
Information to be furnished for payments, chargeable to tax, to a non-resident not being a company, or to a foreign company
FORM NO. 15CB
(See rule 37BB)
Certificate of an accountant
1. To be signed and verified by an accountant (other than an employee) as defined in the Explanation below sub-section (2) of section 288 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.